Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Left_bar_bleue0/0Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Empty Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine]

Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:06 pm
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] HEADER_Ew5usEgUcAc9sWG

Exhausting.

Verdada sat on the very edge of a pit as she watched the conflict off in the distance. A ways away from the Gotei and Vandenreich containment areas. She'd been watching for the past couple days.

Something had changed. The behaviors of the hollows had shifted. Sureness and cocky attitudes had become more angry and vicious. Like cornered animals the hollows had become more volatile. If such a thing were possible.

Verdada's eyes drifted down to the thing in the bottom of the little crater. A broken, twisted mess of a hollow that was still in the process of trying to regenerate from their bout. A calm little smile playing across her lips as she eyed the creature. "Still alive down there? Don't you worry. Once I've had my cigarette I'll finish you off," She chimed softly, a chuckle to herself as she slowly stood up and lit the cigarette in question, taking a slow, steady drag before sighing and looking around.

Hm. Her pesquisa was picking up something nearby. Curiosity boiled into the back of her mind. Not a shinigami.... or a quincy either. Interesting.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Empty Re: Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine]

Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:36 pm
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] YR0I578

"Catherine Reed"

A sketchbook on her side, she'd taken to wandering the wastes carefully and quietly for another subject to draw; just because she hated the bastards and wanted to cave their skulls in didn't mean she wouldn't want to educate herself. Today she had caught the skirmish of two individuals, driven crazy by the supposed loss of their master. They really were dumb animals, bashing heads and trying to stomp the other into nothing but gore, but one of them lit themselves aflame, seemed like something to do with the scales on their body... It was definitely noted; usually flame-wreathing hollows had either some form of reiryoku-formed chemical causing it or simply heated their bodies, but it looked to be the former case.

Her Signal was in search of more subjects to find, only to hit.. Well from what it seemed like it was an Arrancar, and a weakened hollow in a pit. Another skirmish? Might as well check, carefully though - even Arrancar weren't spared from that control, but if they were relaxed and standing still she doubted it was rabid.

Then she was beholden to.. She sure didn't expect a tired-looking chick smoking over a hole.

"Hey, you all cuckoo and fight-hungry?" She'd call out. She was prepared for whatever the answer might be, "I'll beat your ass into the sand if you are."

END | Your Sun-Colored Destroyer
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Left_bar_bleue0/0Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Empty Re: Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine]

Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:50 pm
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] HEADER_FEZRfusaMAMcpno

Oh. A pesquisa? She took a moment to focus on the source before...

They showed up. Her brows raised slightly as she noticed the speedy approach. And for just a moment a slow tired smile played across her lips as she eyed the newcomer. Those exhausted eyes barely seeming focused as they looked the other woman up and down. "A human? No..... you feel all funny there." She hummed softly to herself, slowly standing up and walking into the pit to the body.

It had been bunched up. It's limbs and body slowly twisted until the bones snapped and tendons tore. IN some spots the broken bone was still piercing the skin until it's body contorted into a nice, alarmingly spherical ball. Like a meatball that was still alive and whimpering. She reached out and gently stuck the cigarette in it's mouth. Not that it could do much but gurgle.

She'd torn it's lower jaw out when it tried to bite her last time. It obediently took a drag. He'd learned his lesson.

She turned back over her shoulder toward Catherine and smiled. "Nah. I'm harmless to humans. Just helpin out a friend here. Aint that right Jack?" She patted one of those broken bones, causing a pained sob to spill from the hollow as she chuckled. "JAck here was having a little trouble thinking straight. You wouldn't believe it. So much ...shit clogging up his reiryoku network. Look at what I had to do to get him all straightened out~" She shook her head as she then looked over her shoulder again.

"Say. How're you feeling? Not in need of any ..chiropractic assistance are ya?" She ventured. And Catherine would feel a PANG through her head as Verdada probed them with her pesquisa. The similarity of their techniques resulting potentially meaning that Catherine would be sensitive to the pulse itself.

Especially if she wasn't used to being around arrancar with the ability~
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:43 pm

"Catherine Reed"

Huh, seemed more tired and out of it than crazy and out of it, well that just meant she didn't have to waste energy beating the tar out of her. Worked out favorably, would be irritating to fight bare handed again. Cautiously making her way to see what was in the pit, she'd stop to see the absolutely grisly sight below with hardly a flinch. Okay, scratch her earlier thought - this chick was crazy, but in a completely different way, on her own. Yep.

There was just a small wondering of how this tired woman got this big guy all tied up on himself, that was the only thing preventing her from just taking off abruptly. Though she gave a look of disinterest with her mentioning of a name; did every hollow just play pretend naming a bunch of animals some shitty generic name? Was this just a joke amongst them? Swore she'd hear a Pablo or John next.

"If that's your idea of chiropractic assistance," She'd point to the writhing hollow, her eye slightly twitching with the sensation of Pesquisa being used, "Then no thanks. Nobody touches me. Who the hell are you?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:55 pm

Hmmmmm, one of those humans. She reocngized it, gosh even without recognizing, the STENCH on this girl~
That smile of hers widened, and she pushed the cigarette until it was stuck between the hollows teeth, and turned her full attention to Catherine. Appearing beside Catherine with a static crackle of sonido, not a particularly fast one, it seemed almost clumsy. Closer, but still outside of that magic bubble of personal space. At least a guestimated one~

Overestimated with that 'nobody touches me' comment.

"Me? I'm Verdada." She chimed. Certainly it would ring strange if Catherine knew enough spanish to catch it's meaning. "And it was just a joke. You wouldn't survive a job like that. You don't quite look.....bendy enough~" she chuckled, an idle wave of her wrist as she considered the notion. "So, what has you so interested in hollows?" She ventured. She saw the sketchbook, and she had sensed that technique. She hadn't just wandered over here, she came here sensing them.

"Investigating the ones going all screwy in the head?"
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:05 pm

"Catherine Reed"

'Verdada'? Like the word for 'right' or 'truth' in spanish? Strange choice of name, but she certainly has heard weirder names. She stepped a single pace away from this woman with a look of caution, even if that movement was unrefined, she wasn't sure how much of this presentation was true or trickery. Really did not like that smile on her features at all.

"Don't think that guy was all too bendy himself, looks like you made Challah with sticks," Her greenish eyes followed the arrancar's gaze down to her sketchbook, "Sure have a lot of nasty, never-before-seen creatures coming out of the hole. Taking some notes. I beat up the crazy ones, but don't feel like doing that today."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:07 pm

"Oh? Not familiar. Dishes aren't quite my specialty." She hummed softly, resting a hand on her hip as she lightly tapped her fingers on her hip. BEating up hollows from THIS place? "That's quite the feat. I'll have to keep an eye on you in that case if you're that strong." She chuckled softly, her head canting a bit to the side as she raised her hands in a light shrug. "I'm afraid I can't really handle most of the things that come out of that place. Just gotta hunt stragglers." She sighed, tapping her temple a few times as her lips peeled back to show a toothy smile.

"But you know. If you're wise up here you can seize on opportunities. But I think you know that plenty." She hummed, leaning back until she sat on a platform of her own reiryoku, lightly kicking her feet as she watched the woman.

"But thankfully you seem peaceful enough~ And an academic at that! Nothing like someone who wants information." A slight tension in her jaw as her mind shifted to the last academic woman she knew. The FIRST Academic woman she knew. Who was the very reason for her existence and her own fucked up 'purpose'. And she could not help but wonder to herself.

Just how much like that woman was this girl?

"Tell you what. If you like, you can even take Jack off my hands for your notes~"
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:31 pm

"Catherine Reed"

"Braided ceremonial bread." She calmly corrected for clarity; irritating but it'd be useless of a mental picturing if you didn't even know what it was being likened to. An expression best described as a dirty look was given to that little comment of keeping an eye on her; was she stupid or something? She should know saying what she did out loud would be weird, "Creep," would murmur under her breath with fists balled at her sides.

"Yeah. They sure are being seized." She'd respond rigidly with a slightly uncomfortable look to the side, not that she seemed over eager to explore that topic with her. She more wanted to carefully navigate whatever this was to learn a bit more about her, research always had it's risks and leaps. Just had to be careful what she told people, as always done.

Academic? Personally she wasn't too eager to be referring to herself with such a word - not that she felt she was lacking, more not wishing the implication of prestige or admirability - she was shown and taught full well to not glamorize what her hands created, what she fathomed. The only thing that would come of her would bring ruin in the end, that was the nature of an innovator.

"Jack," Giving the mutilated hollow a rather petty kick in it's direction, causing small pieces of debris to fall atop it, "Seems a bit too preoccupied being a meat pretzel. Besides, a subject that can't be reasoned with and is aware of me, is a cruddy subject. Would've been more useful if "Jack" was frolicking about tearing into the body of one of his buddies. You're an Arrancar yeah? You'll do just fine, so get chatty."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:53 pm
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] HEADER_96-01

She just smiled as the explanation was given. Though at that little murmur. The smile promptly vanished from Verdada's features. And she slowly adopted a slow, calm stare towards Catherine. Her head slowly canting to the side, as the woman's spiritual pressure promptly fluctuated, dimming considerably. "Oh? I'm a creep am I? " She turned her attention toward 'Jack' and reached out to pluck the cigarette from the creature's mouth. Giving them a pat on the head as that smile flashed back across her lips.

"Well looks like our time here is up Jack. Gnight ol buddy~" She hummed. Before her whole body swung forward. Ramming her palm down toward the ground with such force that the hollow's skill was plunged clean through it's body. What was left of it's spine snapped, and there was a loud, audibly THOOM as the earth around the pair of them cracked and sank another dozen feet as the impact of her strike deepened the little pit that the hollow had been settled into. And in that motion, the majority of the hollow's body burst into a fine red mist along the insides of the pit in that obscene show of strength. The arrancar now positively caked in blood as she walked up and out of that newly deepened crater, flicking thick dregs of blood and viscera from her arm as she then turned to Catherine, and that smile vanished again.

"And what if I don't wanna chat?" She asked flatly.

Continuing to walk toward Catherine as chunks of earth crumbled and sank further into the ground around them as the rock and soil tried to settle.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:21 am

"Catherine Reed"

Yeah, that change in expression didn't do much to change her mind... Opening her book as if she anticipated she were about to see something of interest, indeed was she beholden to the Arrancar's ability, a pretty earth-shocking one at that. Immediately she scribbled away notes and images of what she bore witness to, some kind of vibration ability? Didn't seem the safest to use out here, she still lacked confidence in the earth's stability, not that she had any means to really make sure. It was better not to think about it most instances.

She clicked her teeth in response, raising an eyebrow as the woman got closer, "What, I hurt your feelings or something?"

A smirk grew on her features. She wasn't gonna let her get too close, especially with that nasty of an ability.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum