Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Empty Re: Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine]

Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:40 am
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Pyvdcoa8epy

Verdada canted her head to the side, smiling incessantly as she gave a tired little chuckle. "Hmmmm, that so? I guess that makes sense...." She let her attention shifted to the feather, which was now stuck in the woman's book. "You uh....gonna give that back? Not really used to people snagging parts of me for keepsakes." She pointed out with a light tilt of her head.

"Plus I never told you what my feathers do. What if I can surveil people with em?" She chuckled shallowly. No real energy behind her voice as she leaned back and slipped her hands into her pockets. It didn't matter one way or the other to her, but it was a little weird that this little Hollow Klepto was snatching her fluff.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Empty Re: Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine]

Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:21 pm
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 YR0I578

"Catherine Reed"

Huh? She wanted the feather back? What, was she gonna stick it back in her skin or something? Narrowing her eyes, she'd open the book back up, but not to give it back, rather she'd pick the thing between three fingers and inspect it carefully.

"Well then, let's have a little lesson in analysis, eh?" Her stormy gaze looked upon the woman briefly as her casual tone rolled from her lips, "Although it's quite small, the vanes come together to make it pretty sharp - like a properly sharpened knife i'd say? It's light, not particularly rich in energy, and the quill isn't even remotely as sharp as the vanes. Clearly, this is meant to be a projectile and nothing more. If it was, for example, explosive in any way, it'd be easy to tell via energy concentrations."

Calmly placing it back in the pages and shutting the book, she'd give the scrawny lady a pointed smirk, "Also, you're an awful liar. If it really could do anything remarkable, you wouldn't say it, especially not so casual and dismissively. I'm one to take the path of least resistance with figuring things out, and currently it's far less energy to determine you're lying about it being anything special than trying to suss out if you're lying about lying."

END | Your Sun-Colored Destroyer
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:19 pm

Verdada blinked a few times and tilted her head. Well that just flat out wasn't true. But even so, she smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her head. "Ahhh, kids these days are scary. It's one thing to take keepsakes from hollows. But even from a woman like me?" She reached up and covered her mouth, tapping her chin as she glanced over her shoulder at Catherine.

"Well, I suppose if you REALLY want something to remember me by., I guess that's fine." She chimed, rolling her shoulders and turning to bring her attention up north. Toward one of the nearby refugee camps. "But I'm a little tired to keep playing with you out here. I need me some food and a bit of rest. If you really wanna keep being around me, you can find me around the camps. Enjoy my feather~" She called over her shoulder as she sped off with a Sonido. Not exactly impossible to follow. She wasn't exactly an expert, but it wouldn't be long before she'd vanished on her way toward the camp.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:23 am

"Catherine Reed"

"Am I a kid or a 'big sis'? Make up your damn mind.." Mild irritation crossed her face as she'd cross her arms with the book held close to her body. This arrancar was a weird one, but she was interested in if she was hiding anything else. The sneaky and weird ones always seemed to have more to offer than they initially led on, but she wasn't going to offer anything up front if she could help it - the more she could freely study, was the more she learned at little cost.

Looked like she was headed north, to a camp? She knew that there were settlements outside of the perimeter, she'd been to them herself as they seemed pretty welcoming of anyone who came across as taking care of the hollow problem, which she fit right on into. Her eyes followed where she started speeding off to, sighing; really had to give chase just for research, huh? Oh well.

Slingshotting herself up to Verdada's speed, she'd keep close but not too comfortable with her until the two reached the encampment, hardly even a broken sweat as she slowed her movements, "Y'getting a place to lie down or what, Arrancar? It's getting late anyway. Still have questions for you."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:38 am

Verdada of course didn't idle. The Camp was made in the ruins of a town that hadn't QUITE been fully destroyed as of yet. Many of the buildings were mostly or compltetely destroyed, but this place had a few that were serviceable and not at risk of collapsing. Some of the larger buildings were being sued to house refugees, but some smaller little office buildings had been repurposed into inns for the local militia and for the mercs and volunteers that came in to help with the hollows.

"Oh yea?~ You got an awful lot of curiosity." She chimed with a glance over her shoulder, those tired eyes studying Catherine for a moment as she made her way toward one of the tents, Giving a report for the hollows she'd dealt with before accepting a voucher for her payment. It could be traded for stuff. Once that was squared away, she started heading to the repurposed building that had been converted into an Inn. Pausing at the entrance and looking back over her shoulder, surely they weren't STILL following her? In that moment, Catherine would hear a little giggle. But not from Verdada. From her little sketchbook. ,

A lopsided little smile formed on her lips as Catherine insisted that they weren't done with her. "Oh yea? Well I'm a bit tired. But hey, if you want to still ask me questions, you're welcome to join me in my room. Tho if you plan on staying the night I'ma expect you to pitch in for rent."
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:53 am

"Catherine Reed"

Approaching the tent herself not long after Verdada had, she knew exactly what to supply; these spots valued information as much as money, it helped keep people mobilized efficiently and aware of threats, something Catherine had no minding to contribute to. Not that she gave everything away, but she had sanitized copies of her notes on her at all times, providing sheets of research and marked maps. Thankfully that seemed to be sufficient for having a place to stay for the night, not like she brought cash with her.

Catching up with the Arrancar after little delay, a low sigh left her with Verdada's comment, "Yeah, you could say i'm fit to burst."

Keeping along with her, they'd enter the repurposed building, though before Catherine took a step inside she noticed that giggle; it sounded like the Arrancar, but definitely didn't come from her, it sounded lower and further out of the way. It was too brief for her to pinpoint it other than being dubiously near her... Hopefully it was just her imagination, worrying about it would be a waste of energy.

"Already have rent covered. I always blow those guys' minds with my findings," Climbing the stairs, she'd press on without any other word til they reached a room, not that she was particularly tired. It was about time for another shot, anyway, and she wasn't comfortable with the idea of sleeping around this one.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:10 pm
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 6yxkcobdmo7

It could barely be called a 'room'. The space Verdada was staying in USED to be a Server room.. Some sort of shrapnel had ripped through the place and torn through all the computers. The walls had been patched, and the ruined machinery had been toted out, but there were still a lot of plugs and shit that hadn't been cleared out yet. And Verdada seemed not to mind it in the slightest, In fact, it seemed she'd been fiddling around with a few things. Having taken apart some of the components. And off to the side, there was a pile of what looked like disc drives and a number of feathers strewn all over the place. And a soft, gentle sound would no doubt catch Catherine's attention.

Whispering.

"You look awful stressed ya know. Don't you think you should relax? Not like we're hanging around those humans or anything. You really aughta learn to be more comfortable around your own kind ya know." She pointed out as she took a seat near the wall. There were no windows of course, a server room never needed stuff like that. It was pretty isolated, not to mention sound proof, aside from the few spots where the walls had to be patched. Just the kinda place where Verdada could relax.

She dropped her stuff, including her jacket, onto the bed that was shoved into the corner and sighed, fanning out her tanktop before looking over her shoulder and smiling tiredly. "So. If I recall. You wanted to know about stuff I can do right?" She asked casually.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:23 pm

"Catherine Reed"

Well this spot sure looked inhabited, noticing all the fiddlings within the enclosure, taking care not to mistakenly step on anything. Was this where they hosted a server before the collapse or something? Surprised nobody decided to pick the place clean and bolt, rather it seemed like she had a nice little setup about, more of those feathers everywhere... Why were there even feathers everywhere, they were better off as knives, why have a bunch strewn about? Seemed wasteful, but this one was a weirdo at the end of it, not like she'd expect sense.

"Well you look pretty settled..." Her eyes scanned the room until something strange was heard. Was the building settling? No, it was too soft and breathy to be settling, it sounded like someone talking in her ear. Gaze flashing to Verdada as she made a little request for her to relax, to be 'comfortable with her own kind', she'd stare, "Oh, so you figured me out huh? Wouldn't call myself an Arrancar, though."

That whispering was still everywhere, no way she couldn't hear it. Was this some kind of mental attack? Calmly, she'd reach and grab her notebook, passively making notes; even if she was being lured, it was information she could jot down. She wouldn't let whatever this was win out in the end.

"Yeah, like for starters, you're making that noise aren't you? How?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:57 pm
Nails Painted Red [Verdada, Catherine] - Page 3 6yxkcobdmo7

Verdada's smile widened just a bit more as she watched the shift in the girl's demeanor. A chuckle escaping her as she tilted her head to the side. "I know you feel more hollow than human. Plenty of them got a little hollow in them. But you? You're practically a normal hollow. IS that why you study em so much?" She ventured as she sat down at the edge of her bed and let her forearms rest on her knees. Watching the woman closely.

Of course, that soft little smile slowly spread into a grin as Catherine brought out the noise. "Oh that's not noise~" She hummed. "That's my spiritual pressure." She explained, as that whispering grew slowly louder. " Usually people can barely hear it. But arrancar? We have something called pesquisa. And so they'd pick up on something like this real easy." She chimed, clearing her throat before raising one hand, and resting the other on her sternum.

"Graaab your coat and get your hat.
Leave your worry on the doorstep.
Just direct your feet. To the sunny side of the street~"

She sang softly, and the whispers chorused the words, a soft, gentle creeping noise that would reach inside of Catherine's head. Not through her ears of course, but through her reikaku. A sense that would make her feel dizzy as the feathers littering the room all resonated and gave off that eerie noise. Something Catherine would no doubt find pretty fascinating right?~
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:14 pm

"Catherine Reed"

God that was getting annoying to listen to. Deciding to take a breath, looking back to Verdada with those unique eyes of her's, that comment causing her to glower, "I'm perfectly human. I've just learned how to do what you do to get an advantage. They're all just tools to me, nothing more, now answer my damn question."

It wasn't noise? Her spiritual pressure? How was she hearing it, there shouldn't be any way for her to hear... Her thought trailed off as she was given the answer right here and now, blinking slowly. Pesquisa? Shit, that was something she adapted to using, her senses were still active even without an intentional wavelength-

Everywhere, she heard that singing everywhere. No, no not everywhere, it was more like someone was hammering the words into her brain. Panting slightly, her heart raced in her ears as anxieties kicked up, her equilibrium thrown off with the constant ringing and tones. Even covering her ears didn't spare the mental fuzziness it brought, but she wasn't going to let some careless whispers throw her off. A minute or so, she was balancing out - she just needed to hang in there and get used to it.

"What's this, a demonstration?" The desire to vomit was lingering, but she was able to right herself, "Or are you planning on killing me..?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum