Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] - Page 2 Empty Re: We got the moves [Hime/Hanako]

Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:18 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

When they were heading for the door, Hanako smiled her crooked smile and looked at Hime.

"I rarely have had 'enough' tea."

Her smile broadened into a grin before she took the lead towards the Fourth Division grounds.
She had offered no explanation for her little joke and didn't really think that Hime might misunderstand. In her division it was widely known that Hanako basically lived on tea, especially jasmine tea. Only Hime wasn't part of her division.
On the other hand, Hime was, as proven on various occasions, far more versed in the art of subtle humor.

When the entered the compound of the Fighting Fourth several division members they encountered greeted Hanako rather casually. She greeted back equally casually, with a wave of her hand or a simple nod.
The funny thing was that Hanako didn't become more sociable or even a people's person overnight. But her troops very quickly began to realise that she didn't really care much about formality. As long as everyone was doing their duty, the division ran efficient and smooth, and protocol with the captain and members of other division was observed, they could be as informal as they liked. And somehow it made her extremely approachable and her troops showed a lot of trust in her. Hanako herself had no idea how that came to be. It wasn't as if she would allow any slacking off or the like. A few had tried it. Once.

However Hanako had managed it, she and Hime entered a rather casual atmosphere when they entered the compound, a lot of chit chat going on. But no one on duty was loitering, everyone had something to do, everything was moving. It took Hanako only a few moments to see that everything was normal and as it should be. Good. It took her months, together with the late Captain, to bring the division to this point.

She led the way to one of the buildings near the open training courts. As usual a lot of noise could be heard from there. The combat division did attract a certain kind of Shinigami that didn't like to sit still.
The two women went down a short corridor until Hanako stopped in front of a sliding door. She opened it and stepped aside to give Hime a view of the room. The floor was simple tatami and on the walls several stands with training weapons and some cabinets could be seen. In the corners of the room, right under the wooden ceiling, hung some loudspeakers. Otherwise the room was empty and offered more than enough space for two people.

"Is this okay?" She asked Hime.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] - Page 2 Empty Re: We got the moves [Hime/Hanako]

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:55 pm
We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] - Page 2 Header2

HIME

"One can never have enough tea, I suppose," Hime replied, a tinge of humor evident in her voice. Hime was always fond of a nice cup of tea and loved the versatility in flavor it offered. The better the preparation, the finer the taste.

Perhaps, apart from today, she would treat the woman to an event wherein they could enjoy a variety of flavors and a sweet or dessert of some kind. Walking along the compound of the division, Hime could not help but find herself impressed by the way the combat division carried themselves, especially in the wake of their captain's death.

As Hanako did her due diligence to make sure everything was up to par and none of the division members were slacking off, Hime could not help but smile, proud to see the progress this division had made and the impact Hanako and Yoshitsune left on this division. She hoped Hanako would continue to keep up this amazing progress as the two went ahead. Reaching one of the buildings near the open training courts, Hime would follow Hanako through a short corridor until they reached their location. A neatly decorated tatami affair outfitted with training weapons, Hime found the room suitable enough for what Hanako desired Hime to assist her in... dancing.

"Indeed. This should work just fine, Hanako. Now... how should we begin?"

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:47 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako nodded, left her shoes at the entrance and stepped on the tatami. She liked the feeling of tatami on her naked feet. It was maybe archaic and a bit outdated, given what kind of modern materials the world offered, but it had…atmosphere. It reminded her of the small house on the clearing, that was the centre point of her inner world. A place where she always felt safe.

She took a look around and was pleased with what she saw. The room was spotless. She had to use a considerable portion of the division’s budget to keep the training facilities top notch like this, but in her mind especially the combat division should suffer no shortage in this department. After all, staying in their best shape and being combat ready at all times was their job, even in peace times.

The first thing she did after entering the room was sliding her sword from her obi and respectfully placing it in an empty rack, where a training weapon was missing. The room was small enough that, should an emergency arise, she could reach it with a flash step in a fraction of a second. She also felt as if handling her sword with respect was the least she could do. Bakumusha had done so much for her, given and taught her so much and his manners were always flawless. He alway treated her with respect and she took it as an example she tried to follow. Even if she was, basically, treating herself with respect, when she was interacting with Bakumusha…but who said that was a bad thing to do?

She went over to one of the cabinets and opened it. A small black block that had a metallic sheen to it, was sitting on the top shelf. It was a little compact stereo, nothing fancy and rather on the cheap side, after all Hanako couldn’t just throw all of her budget at the training facilities. However, it was more than enough for this room.

“I’m not sure how to begin. I hoped you would know.” Hanako said.

“I know the moves the instructors at the academy taught me and later Bakumusha. There’s also the additional Aikido classes I took back at the academy. Most of it distils down to small, precise movements. That’s not bad. It’s efficient.”

She made a few movements, sliding steps with which she moved to the side and turned her whole body around to face the other direction. They were called tai sabaki and meant to evade and change position, all the while the hands stayed in front of the body and its centre of mass. The movement had flow, but no grace.

“What brought me this idea is that efficiency is maybe not always the best solution. I mean, look at me. A few years ago I would have never dreamt of going through the trouble of making an elaborate curry meal, just for myself or…or buying a flowery summer dress. I would have thought of it as unnecessary and an indulgence. But I changed my mind and…I am happier now. I thought that a similar logic could maybe apply to fighting. Efficient and small movements are one thing, but if I could…I don’t know…kind of gracefully flow through the movements in a way that lets me take all the energy of one movement, change its direction and force it into the next, without losing any… Maybe it's not as efficient, but maybe it could help bring everything more together.”

While she talked, she made a few movements as if she was directing Bakumusha’s chain in Shikai. Now she stopped and looked at Hime.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:17 pm

HIME

Hime quietly observed and listened to Hanako as she elaborated n her intentions and by extension - the maturation and evolution she had made in her life. To say she was impressed would've been an understatement but it was most certainly true.

Even from the moment she approached her door and their conversation so far, she could tell there was a sense of maturity in Hanako's posture, a far cry from the nervousness and anxious energy she radiated from the last few times they crossed paths.

Hime was familiar with grace and the way a warrior's movement could be likened to a dance - the way one's body could transition from one stance to another was an essential skill to have on the battlefield, especially in physical combat. The graceful woman would give an affirmative nod, as she removed her own shoes and stepped onto the mat, standing beside the tall woman as she turned to face her, settling into a graceful posture.

"Your mind is in the right place, Hanako. Efficiency and coordination should be valued highly in combat but adding a touch of grace would not hurt. Many martial artists do place an emphasis on form and it's execution. From the way their hips and feet move... to the way their momentum is transferred through their strikes. There is a certain rhythm you have to pay attention to in your movements and I think you have the right mind for this. I suppose now we turn on a song of your liking and begin our lesson, yes?"

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:50 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

The safety Hanako felt in her movements, in the topic of fighting styles, movements and reasoning behind it, was something she didn’t realise consciously most of the time. It was something she knew, something she was so intimately familiar with that it penetrated every fibre in her body. From Hanako’s point of view, literally her whole life had been dedicated to the martial arts. And martial arts were simple, something she understood. That had never changed, even though Hanako had grown and was now more of a person than simply the soldier she had been before.

When she listened to Hime she realised once more how far outside of her comfort zone this was for her. And how much she wanted to push her own boundaries to keep growing and evolving. But when Hime asked to put on a song of Hanako’s liking, that was definitely one step outside that boundary. Hana’s face flashed a bright red as, with considerable embarrassment, she realised something else: She had never consciously listened to music. She had no idea what she liked, if she liked anything at all. There had been music she heard, more or less involuntary, when she was out in the Rukongai and passed by houses or shops that played some. There even had been some she had liked. But she never payed much attention to it, never bothered to find out what it was.

“Uhm…I…I don’t really listen to any music in private. I don’t…really know what I…like.” she said.

There was the insecurity again, forced out of her and into the open. Why was it that almost every time she met Hime, something happened that confronted her with her own insecurities? And, aside from the one time when Hanako had almost obliterated Hime’s lunch, she went into it knowingly and willingly. Like when she bought and put on a summer dress for the first time. Or today, when she asked Hime to teach her how to dance.

Despite having no idea what she was looking for, Hanako turned towards the cabinet with the stereo, mainly to hide her blushing face. She leafed through the directory of music that was available, not really having any idea what would be appropriate. Finally she found something that said something about melodies of the river, or something similar. She put it on.

A sweet music began to fill the room. It was mainly an erhu, a chinese violin, that carried the melody. It was indeed like a river of sound, soft and gentle, that flowed through the room. The music felt round and pleasant, yet still offered a rhythm to which one could probably move. Hanako listened for a moment and surprise was on her face.

“Huh….I think I like that.”

It was a gut level decision, Hanako had no idea what this instrument was, but she found that she really enjoyed it.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:26 am

HIME

"A graceful melody. Superb. This rhythm is more than sufficient for the aims we've set before ourselves today." Hime would smile softly as she allowed the rhythm of the music to fill her spirits, turning towards Hanako as she gracefully beckoned her to come forward and stand before her.

"Don't worry about not knowing too much about music. Up until now, I'm only learning to enjoy the finer aspects of life myself. I simply made the suggestion base on a theory I picked up on earth. Whenever one is learning form or stance or even repeating the movements of a dance, an individual will sometimes choose a song or even a playlist that allows them to focus and execute their movements at their most optimal form."

Explaining her the mechanic of her theory, Hime would provide the tall woman with an physical example of what she meant as she allowed the music to flow through her. Through this, she would move around in graceful patterns, pretending as if she wielded a weapon in her hand, stepping from left to right, front to back, moving forward and backward as her arm danced through the air with pristine precision. Her motions would appear as natural as breathing to Hanako, as if she hardly needed to take that many steps to execute the precise movements she was performing before her very eyes.

She would quietly come to a pause, hoping Hanako had paid enough attention to get at least an inkling of the idea she was presenting before her. Turning towards the woman, she would smile politely as she stepped aside.

"Now, it's your turn. The violin that you hear? That peaceful and unperturbed sound? Try to become one with it's rhythm and allow your movements to match the instrument. Do not allow your nerves to disrupt you. Allow the rhythm to flow through you ."

END POST

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:16 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako watched Hime without saying a word, following her movements through the room, trying to not only see, but feel it.
There was this music, floating through the room, and there was Hime, equally floating. Hana tried to imagine herself being in Hime’s place, moving to the rhythm, along with the rhythm. It didn’t take her long to realise that she had certain problems with that. It wasn’t as if Hana lacked an imagination. Hers was no more, but also no less active than the next woman’s.

When Hime stopped and encouraged Hanako to follow her example, Hana suddenly felt incredibly exposed. She stepped forward and felt the blood rushing into her face and she was sure that she glowed as brightly red as a hazard warning light. It was exceedingly uncomfortable.

With some effort Hanako tried to concentrate on the music, rather than on her embarrassment. She tried to visualise the melody and rhythm and translate it into movements. She swayed a bit from side to side, but it still felt not right. Then she tried to emulate Hime and moved as if she was wielding her sword. That felt even worse, like she was naked.

She stopped and turned to Hime. It was most awkward. Hanako just experienced what it was like being a timid girl, that was asked to dance before others. The fact that she was a grown woman (re)experiencing this didn’t necessarily make it any easier.

“I don’t know…” Hana said. “It just…I mean…it feel completely natural to move when I am actually fighting. But this…it just feels strange. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all. I mean, maybe I’m just not made for this.”

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:15 am

HIME

Hime took a moment to observe Hanako carefully, observing the woman's every moment as she aimed to emulate the actions the graceful Shinigami had performed moments ago. From Hime's point of the view, the movements performed by Hanako felt stilted and uneven, displaying a struggle of growing attuned to the music and letting it flow through her. To be certain, she hadn't expected any less.

Hanako did not particularly strike her as the type to feel comfortable with these forms and movements from her first try. It was difficult to expect a warrior who performed daily routines and techniques on the battlefield to learn something else within a single day.

Mastering any technique required practice and dedication, a concerted effort in commitment, and undivided focus. Hime swayed her head back and forth, as she attempted to form a counterstrategy that might assist the woman in her aim of learning how to grow familiar with adding graceful movements to her repertoire on the battlefield. She supposed, on some base level, perhaps an alternative choice would've suited her better. Even so, they still had an entire day to develop some degree of skill.

"Nonsense, Hanako. You ought not look down on yourself in failure. Few have, if ever, mastered an entirely different form of discipline in a day. That said, if you do not feel this suits your ideal form of combat, then you have nothing to feel ashamed of."

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:45 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

“No, nono, it’s not that.” Hanako hurried to say. “It is not that. It’s just…I feel…awkward, you know? Like I’m completely embarrassing myself. Making an ass of myself.”

It still cost Hanako so much effort to allow herself to show any weakness. It might seem to others, like Hime, who knew Hanako for some while, that she had come a long way in her personal development. And indeed, she has. Yet there was still so much more. She mainly had grown as a Shinigami. Her social interactions, her leadership skills, control of her emotions…almost everything she had developed and worked on in the last months or even years had been centred around her professional career. In private, she was still timid and shy, inexperienced and basically clueless what to do with affection, or even how to get it, much less show it. And sadly that also included how to express herself fully.

Recently, Hanako had had the strangest of sensations a few times. She felt like a puppet, like back then, shortly after the attack that cost her her memories (or better: she just assumed it was shortly after, but had no way of being sure). Only that instead of feeling hollowed out, a void covered by a thin shell, she felt too full, as if there was so much of herself that wanted to come out, but she didn’t know how.

“I still think it is at least worth a try. I just feel…I feel incredibly awkward…moving…dancing alone, in front of you.”

Suddenly Hanako’s cheeks took on a bright shade of red.

“Erm…there’s also…I might have left out a reason why I came. Sorry.”

Hana obviously had to bring herself to speak it out loud, and it didn’t seem easy to her, but finally she came through.

“You know, I wanted to….wanted to try and kind of…express myself a little more. Remember your…mhm…that party at your place? The dress I bought? Like that. Recently I felt like I am…reducing myself to being a Shinigami. And that I want to be…more. Since I bought that dress I haven’t done anything else like it. Never went shopping again. I thought maybe that…besides the benefits for my fighting style…this today could…help.”

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:13 pm

HIME

Hime composedly took the time to listen to Hanako's explanation as she gazed at the woman with motherly care in her amber eyes. She could certainly relate to the idea of wishing to express one's self. Hime had found such a sensation to be cathartic in it's own right. Expressing oneself allowed them to carefully think of and come to greater conclusions about themselves.

Naturally, Hanako desired to continue discovering things about herself. Comparatively speaking, Hime had always desired a similar path for herself. Long ago, she once thought she was a puppet who dances to the orders of others. She had no identity.

To be certain, there was no shame in feeling the way she did. To live life to the fullest - Hime had nothing but admiration to offer to any man or woman who aimed to get everything they could out of their lives Whether immortal or limited, it was a praiseworthy act that deserved nothing but applause.

Hime stroked her chin thoughtfully as she tried to think of a way to assist Hanako, one that didn't make her feel awkward and out of place. What an odd conundrum. Would she prefer join her in the dance or turn away? The graceful Shinigami continued to survey her thoughts. What to do... what to do.

"Expressing one's self... a fine concept indeed. I find it admirable. Hm... how can we apply it here? I only wish to support you and be of assistance. It was not my intent to make you look or feel like a fool...."

END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum