Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] Left_bar_bleue0/0We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] Empty We got the moves [Hime/Hanako]

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:46 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] 6EdIfMt

She couldn’t help it: she was nervous. And it wasn’t anything that normally made her nervous. Not with anyone and especially not the person she was seeking out now. There had been occasions when some…misunderstandings had caused an uncomfortable situation. Or when a mistake on her side had almost caused significant culinary damage. This time, it was nothing like this. Hanako was nervous…because she had an idea and in her mind it was a little bit crazy.

What she had in mind might have been something normal, even something fun, for others. For her, the acting captain of the combat unit of the gotei, the woman who’s life had consisted of little more than training and work until very recently, it was rather unusual. And she had done a lot of soul-searching before she had decided to go ahead with it. But ultimately it was something that would help her develop her skills and be a better warrior. At least…that was what she was hoping.

The way Hanako was now walking was one she hadn’t walked in quite some time. Not because she had actively avoided it. The ‘misunderstanding’ from last time might have happened here, but it was resolved. And she had worn her new dress that day and she liked that dress. So it was a positive memory, all in all. No, she simply hadn’t had the time. Leading an entire division of the Gotei was a demanding job. It was when she was ‘only’ a lieutenant and even more so since she had to do the captain’s job as well.

The captain…his death still was a heavy weight on her chest. Because of it she was still working from her lieutenant’s office, not being able to bring herself to use the larger space next door. She kept the rooms sealed, only opening it if she needed any files or something. Aside from that she didn’t know anything else she could do to honor the captain, so she continued his work, kept the Fighting Fourth ready and in shape.

Finally Hanako arrived at her destination, pushing the heavy thoughts to the back of her mind, where they could linger, together with all the rest of her baggage. She hesitated a moment. What would the reaction be? She was wearing her normal, sleeveless Shihakusho, with her badge fixed to the obi. She even had Bakumusha with her, although that was nothing unusual. Except for strictly social gatherings she carried her sword almost always. She was looking as if she was here for normal business. Only she was not. Her request would be unusual. At least coming from her mouth.

After a moment she raised her arm and knocked on Hime’s door, hoping she didn’t look as nervous as she felt.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] Left_bar_bleue0/0We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] Empty Re: We got the moves [Hime/Hanako]

Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:17 am
We got the moves [Hime/Hanako] Header2

HIME

On the other side of the door, the woman of the hour that Hanako desired to see was going through her morning routine. Morning preparations were, of course, a central aspect of the graceful Shinigami's life now that she had become wholly accustomed to life outside of a prison cell.

There would always be a sense of surrealism whenever she gazed into her mirror, a sheer display of disbelief heavy in her expression. Try as she might, the permanence of her current life had always felt somewhat dreamlike. She had friends, people who looked up to her, and other relationships between peers she never expected - or even envisioned. Pulled from her self-reflection by a knock at her door, Hime rose up from her seat after preparing herself in the mirror and went to open the door.

As she opened the door, Hime blinked, somewhat lost in surprise, gazing at the tall woman at her doorstep. Hanako was no stranger, to be certain, but they hadn't seen each other in months. Stroking her chin in curiosity, she tried to recall the last time they had seen one another. Time truly flies...

"Hanako... it's good to see you again. Considering how long we've been apart, I thought you had forgotten about me,," Hime commented, with a serene smile. Her tone indicated she was simply making humor at the woman's expense.

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:35 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako smiled sheepishly when she entered the room. Of course one could say that any relationship between two individuals was alway two way and Hime didn’t call or write…but that also implied that neither did Hanako. And it was true.

“No~” Hanako said and stretched the word out a bit. “I didn’t forget about you. But I was buried in work, especially since Captain Kobayashi…ah, well, it wasn’t easy. Still, you’re right, it’s no excuse that I haven’t at least sent an occasional message. I apologize.”

As usual Hanako didn’t get the joke, at least not fully. Developing social skills, and especially a sense of humor, was far harder than training sword skills. However, to say that Hanako was totally oblivious to social matters and had no sense of humor worth developing would also be wrong. It just wasn’t easy for someone who kept herself socially isolated most of her life, which was about a decade from her point of view. Give or take. Actually, Hanako had cracked a joke herself once or twice. Maybe not good ones, but still, there was progress to be witnessed. Curiously it seemed that Bakumusha was immensely amused by it, even if Hanako herself could tell the jokes were bad. She began to suspect that her Zanpakuto spirit wasn’t really amused by the jokes, but by her…

“I hope I’m not disturbing you.” Hanako said after a moment. She felt it was prudent to not go like a bull at a gate with her request, after not seeing Hime for so long. Hime could think it rude.

“How have you been?”

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:10 am

HIME

Hime blinked as she tilted her head, somewhat worried that her humor was taken seriously and Hanako's apology had confirmed that she misunderstood the graceful Shinigami and took the jest to heart. Hime politely waved her hand as she pulled a chair out for the tall woman to sit in. With that friendly gesture complete, Hime went to the kitchen to prepare tea while she explored the cabinet to find a nice sweet to bite into while they enjoyed a warm cup of tea.

Coming across a bag of cakes she had prepared and packaged, she pulled the bag from the cabinet, set a few of the pieces onto a plate, sliced them into neat halves, and walked back to where Hanako was, setting down the plate of sweets while she waited for the tea to finish.

"You could never disturb me, Hanako. Whether your mind is troubled or uneased, whether you are enjoying the multitude of your days, I am always here to support you. I merely made a jest to make you chuckle but It seems I missed the mark, hm? Concerning how I've been doing... I'd say I've made out pretty well, all things considered. How about you, Hanako?"

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:47 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

A short flash of surprise appeared on Hanako’s face.

“Oh…well, it seems like I’m the one who missed something. Again.”

She remembered the last time she was here, there had been a small gathering, a party. Back then she also had misunderstood a jest which had led to her making a scene. It was embarrassing beyond words. Maybe there was another reason, besides work, why Hanako hadn’t visited Hime for so long. She quickly pushed that memory away.

“A lot of work.” Hanako answered Hime’s question. “But I don’t want to complain. To be honest, I kinda like it. There hasn't been a boring day since I rejoined the Fourth.”

Hanako took a cup of tea with a thankful smile. She always liked a good cup of tea. So much so that any physician examining her blood would probably find at least half of it was actual tea. However she passed on the sweet cake for now.

“The captain’s death, however, is a different story. Whatever else, the division is severely weakened by this and I find it maddening that something like it can still happen today.”

She shook her head.

“I’m sorry. Let’s not talk about that. It’s not a very cheerful topic.”

To change the topic Hanako set down her cup and leaned forward just a bit to emphasise that whatever she was about to say was serious to her.

“I have to confess that catching up isn’t the only reason I am here, although I really enjoy seeing you again. But I also wanted to ask for your help.”

She hesitated a second. Then she sighed, gathered her courage and asked what she wanted to ask.

“Ah…say…do you know how to dance? And…ah…can you teach me?”

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:14 am

HIME

Hime did indeed recall the last time they met wherein a similar episode had occurred, although somewhat incomparable in nature. Hime had playfully flirted with Hanako to fill her with a sense of flattery until that harmless act backfired on her and Hanako quickly exited stage right.

Even so, Hime never held that moment against her and perhaps her method of flattery was not in good taste. It was a relic of the past now, a humorous memory they might reflect on as the two continued to strengthen their bond.

Drinking her tea in silence, she continued to listen Hanako speak about how life had been, how she was doing within the fourth division, and stepping into a position of responsibility. It was a relatively positive conversation until she stated that Yoshitsune had died.

Her eyes widened ever so slightly in shock at those words, though she remained composed as she soaked those words in. Though they had not known one another for long, he had offered her a position within his clan and his division. She had accepted the first offer but never got the chance to take up the second.

Hime could not help but wonder what the cause of death was, to say nothing of how the Kobayashi would even hold up after such damning news... He seemed destined for great things. She would have to look into this as soon as possible, although she likely figured his death may have been at the hands of someone seeking to take his position as captain. The title of Kenpachi, although somewhat outdated in her eyes, meant one would always have a target of some kind on their as a captain - more than any other - in fact.

Hanako quickly changed subjects before Hime could inquire any further, shifting into the reason as to why she came here today. Dancing? Hime tilted her head as she pondered on Hanako's aim here. Hime was familiar with slow dancing and graceful movements practiced with her body to maintain form and posture. She hoped that would be enough here.

"I am familiar with moving my body in a way that may resemble dancing... why do you ask?" Curiosity implored Hime to ask this question before they went any further.

END POST

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:02 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

“Well…” Hanako started, stopped again and took another breath.

“It’s an idea I had. I want to learn how to dance to try and incorporate it into my fighting style. You know…flowing and seamless movements. I don’t know if it will work, but I wanted to try.”

She made a vague gesture. She was indeed not entirely sure if her idea would work or if it even was a good idea to start with. But then again, as far as she knew, learning how to dance was surely nothing that could hurt, was it?

“To be honest, you are the most elegant and graceful person I know. So I thought you surely know how to dance…”

Of course there were people like Abalia and Magnolia, who had their own grace, but hanako wouldn’t dare to ask either of them. After all, they were the leaders of the Gotei. You couldn’t just walk up to them as a simple Lieutenant and ask them to teach you how to dance. Anyway, she didn’t even know if they could dance.
Then there was Ulv. Hana was almost certain a woman like Ulv could dance pretty well. But this woman was also still a bit of a difficult topic for Hanako so it was not an option.

In any case, the way she perceived these different women, Hime included, only she had this aura of…gentleness and flow that Hanako felt would be perfect. Not a small factor had also been that Hana really wanted to ask someone who would nod instantly burst out laughing. Again, that person was Hime.
Of course, seeing a friend again after a long time and catching up sweetened everything even more.

And here she was.

“I don’t know…what do you think? Do you think it’s a stupid idea? I thought about ways to develop my fighting style, make it better and at the same time make training more…more interesting for me. And then I thought…why not try something…uhm…new?”

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:28 am

HIME

Listening to Hanako's explanation, a graceful smile formed across Hime's lips as she chuckled softly. Hime was certainly familiar with the concept of applying graceful movements through one's fighting technique.

Adding repetition and dedication, Hime could certainly see the merit of such practices; the benefits a warrior could reap from becoming familiar with the motions of their body. Hime stroked her chin, thoughtfully ruminating on the premise of aiding Hanako in her endeavor.

"I don't find the idea stupid at all, Hanako. When you first posed the question, I didn't know how to answer you or whether I'd be of much assistance. I think it's a good idea. I hope I can help to the best of my ability. Did you have a suitable location in mind?"

END POST

Last edited by Iori on Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:41 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako only needed a moment to think.

“We have plenty of training rooms and courts.” she said, meaning the facilities of the 4th Division. “If one of the smaller rooms will do, we should even have a fairly good chance of finding an empty one.”

She fell silent for a short moment and then another thought came to her mind.

“I think we also have some music equipment. I never use it, but some of the others do. Hm….I assume we need music.”

She took another sip of tea. She liked the warm feeling in her chest it produced. She also liked the warm feeling in her mind that was caused by her whole body relaxing after Hime approved of her idea. Without realising it, Hanako had really been tense out of fear of being ridiculed. She felt like a schoolgirl, even without really knowing what it felt like to be a schoolgirl.

“I just hope I won’t be unteachable.” Hanako said and smiled her half-smile.

“I have never danced or engaged in anything remotely connected to music before. As far as I know, that is.”

Before her inner eye some nebulously vague visions appeared and vanished again in the fraction of a second. Visions of a small village, woods, someone with black hair, someone tall, a kimono, white, black, water… It was incoherent and after it was gone it faded away like a dream.

“I’ll probably be as graceful as a lump of wood.” she grinned, but it could be heard that she meant it at least partially seriously.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:42 pm

HIME

"Do not think so little of yourself, Hanako," Hime would say with a graceful smile, gazing at her peer as she rose from the chair after she finished her cup of tea. There was no reason to doubt one's self before the training even begins.

Hanako was a tall woman but she knew of women who were tall and graceful, too. There was no reason to assume she would fail in Hime's eyes. The graceful Shinigami collects the cups, placing them into the sink before walking towards the door. Opening the door to experience the pleasant air, Hime turned to Hanako, awaiting her direction on where they would go next.

"Well then, when you are ready and have enjoyed your fair share of tea, I'll let you choose where we'll have our "dance" at," she finished with a tinge of humor in her tone, yet not the kind of one who didn't see merit in Hanako's suggestions.

END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum