Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue59000/99999High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 Empty Re: High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]

Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:00 pm

Magnolia Everfrost

Song: UNKNOWN - Artist: UNKNOWN - Words: 310

As their blows collided, and the sonorous sound and accompanying sparks blossomed brilliantly from their blades, Magnolia could hear the doubt that was palpable in Hanako’s voice; how could she not? In the moments repreive that lasted but a few breadths, Hanako waved her sword faintly and talked about the sacred bond that lay between shinigami and weapon, and asked the age old question. How? How could every shinigami have this sword that lay within them. As Hanako talked about the way her sword felt to her, down to the wrappings how it felt perfect for her, Magnolia couldn’t help but let a faint grin escape from her lips.

”That rightness that you feel, that is how i know that there lay within you a mighty spirit that is just waiting for you to hear it’s name. That is how i know that within all your apprehensions lay a name, one that is waiting just for you and you alone. Honestly though, before coming here--”

Magnolia paused and gestured to the realm around them, the staccato walls and shingled roofs, the sakura trees that lay eternally in bloom, and the azure sky above that lit their realm with light.

”--I didn’t know if every shinigami gained a mighty companion. However, deep within me I knew that without me the soul that lay in wait would never be. A zanpakuto is not something you gain, it is something that has laid within you since the very beginning. I’m sure that it’s just waiting for you to listen carefully to glean the name that lays within the darkness. “

Magnolia could see the fear, and the anger that lay within Hanako’s voice. The uncertainty that clouded her mind and tainted her soul. She too knew what it felt like to be powerless, even if it was for a different reason. She often had stayed up at night wondering, and had yet to find the answers she had sought for so long.

Maybe it was that feeling of familiarity that led the Shinigami to raising her hand as the blow flew down towards her. The nodachi lay at her side still as the sharp edge of Hanako’s blade dug into Magnolia’s palm. For most, the collision between body and zanpakuto would lead to dismemberment or serious injury. However, for Magnolia, due to her extremely durable hands, the blade would merely cut into the surface of her palm, leading to the visual sight of Magnolia stopping the blow cold, her hand clenched around the surface of Hanako’s blade.

”If you believe your sword to merely be a lump of steel, then the voice that lay within it will forever remain lost to you. “

Magnolia’s smile had faded as she exhaled faintly, ignoring the faint ribbons of blood that dripped from her palm, down the surface of Hanako’s blade.

”As long as you continue to fight these fears, to seek out the voice that lies within you , you will find it. Remember Hanako, a zanpakuto spirit is not something you are given, it is something that comes from you. It is what separates a spirit from a shinigami. I’m sure your partner is just waiting for you to find its name. “

Magnolia’s hand would release Hanako’s blade as she smiled faintly.

”You asked how I know? The truth is, I dont. However, I believe you will become powerful, so long as you hold the belief in yourself that you can succeed. “

After speaking those words, she opened her palm faintly to show the gash that adorned her palm.

”This was a splendid strike. You did not hesitate to put your entire being into it. If you seek out the spirit within yourself, like this one strike, then you will find it. I am sure of it.”

Magnolia said before she walked forward towards hanako, the small smile on her face blossoming into a dazzling, albeit feral grin.

”You are truly worthy of joining the division run by the captain commander. Now let me ask you this, what is it that you fear most?”

Magnolia finished her question and then glanced at her squadmate, waiting for a response.

Coding BY: [THEFROST]

High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 LzZCuy7
High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 BtXe12b
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 Empty Re: High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]

Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:28 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 6EdIfMt

Hanako let out a gasp of surprise when Magnolia caught her blade with her bare hand. She had seen something like this before, when a certain captain took her blade with his forehead. But then it had been a different situation and she didn't particularly like that person. But here it was something different. She liked Magnolia, she respected her, hell, even admired her, and she was standing right in front of her, catching a two-handed overhead swing. There was blood, although only a little.

"Wh...why did you do that?" She asked in a bewildered voice.

As soon as Magnolia let go of her blade, Hanako let the sword sink and grabbed Magnolia's hand. It was quite a bit rude to just grab someone, especially a superior, but Hanako didn't think about that now. She was genuinely worried that she had injured her lieutenant. To her relief the wound was only superficial.

Only then she realised that Magnolia had asked her a question. She let go of the hand and took one step back, to a respectful distance.
What did she fear the most? That wasn't hard to answer. But it was almost unbearable to say out loud. Her face went a few shades paler.

"I…" she began, then stopped. She didn't want to say it, but she couldn't just refuse to answer her lieutenant. It's not as if she hadn't seen it coming. All of Magnolia's words had lead to this question. An obvious question.

"The void." She whispered. "I fear the void. When I break my shell that there is...nothing underneath."

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue59000/99999High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (59000/99999)
Tiers:

Sat May 16, 2020 8:37 pm

Magnolia Everfrost

” The void huh?”

Magnolia’s eyes narrowed faintly as she pondered the gravity of that statement. Afterall, when one lost everything but themselves, it was natural to fear that underneath the duty and the toil that there was nothing of worth. A faint sigh escaped the warriors lips as she finally took the time to respond to the question that had left hanako’s mouth earlier.

”To warriors, the wounds that mark them are not imperfections, they are stories and trophies. I took that blade because the resolve behind that sword swing is one that is worthy of being remembered. “

As soon as those words left the warriors lips, there was a qualitative change within the demeanor of the vice captain of realm enforcement. While there would be no physical impact upon the realm around them, it would seem almost as if her golden eyes were shining with a malevolent, bloody gleam.

The simplest way to explain it was oppression. The weight of magnolia’s intent saturated the small courtyard that surrounded them. It bathed the world, and the Oodachi that rested in her palm was dropped to the side, discarded as her arms slid down to grasp the twin handles that lay on her left hip.

”If you are afraid of what lays within, then that is what you must face. “

Faint arcs of static flickered across the surface of Magnolia’s skin, the thin trails of electricity eventually shooting from her body to strike the ground around her as her twin scimitar came free from their scabbards. The residual energy that came from her drawing her zanpakuto itself resulted in a faint gust of wind buffeting hanako, the charged ions that lay in the air probably causing the hair on her arms to stand on end, much like the signs one might see before being struck by lightning.

” This is my zanpakuto. Raijin. “

No longer did she speak eloquently, her words had become cut and concise. Her scimitars raising up slowly as she said in a firm tone.

”Ready yourself. Here I come.”

The air itself would displace around Magnolia when she moved, the forcefulness of her actions causing tree’s within a few hundred feet to have many leaves ripped off and thrown into the wind. Within moments of moving, she had appeared infront of hanako, her right scimitar scything down in a chop.

”Take my blow.”

The speed of Magnolia’s strike was still of course held back enough that hanako could bring her blade up to block it, however, the force behind it was enough that the ground beneath hanako’s feet would cave in from the force behind it. If for any reason Hanako’s guard broke, Magnolia’s strike would stop the moment it neared her body.

If hanako blocked her sword-strike, she’d find Magnolia’s body suddenly a blur of rotation as she brought her forward facing foot up, and around to collide with the side of Hanako’s body with enough force to leave substantial bruising. Much like the previous blow however, it moved slow enough that it was within Hanako’s reaction speed to block it.

”Isn’t this a crude plan magpie?” Raijin asked with his rumbling tenor tone. It was clear her zanpakuto spirit, while understanding why she was doing what she was, wasn’t particularly a fan of it.

”I admit it’s not the most.. Pleasant method, however, if i put her in a position where she has to face what she fears, then she can learn how to deal with it. “ Magnolia responded mentally to her partner as her hand shot out hoping to use the timing between the sudden chop, and kick combo to grasp onto hanako’s clothing. If this happened, Magnolia’s body would suddenly twist using her strength, momentum, and body weight to hurl Hanako over her shoulder, causing her to fly a few meters.

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0High Noon [Closed. Shizuo/Ame. ]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun May 17, 2020 4:26 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

There it was. The power, the might. Hanako could feel it in the air. Smell it. Taste it. It was as magnificent as it was terrifying. It was what she dreamed of, of what she was far away. Raijin...so, she was fighting against a real Zanpakuto now.

When Magnolia came at her, Hanako's hands gripped her sword tighter and brought the blade back up again. But what could she do? She couldn't possibly take that blow head on.

Magnolia's Scimitar came down like the blade on a guillotine and Hanako's arms darted upwards. This was it. Now she could show what she was made of. With bared teeth Hanako brought her sword up in the most stable position she knew. The strength was brutal when sword connected with sword but she was able to hold it. At the same time she felt the ground beneath her feet cave in. What strength!

When Hanako jerked Magnolia's blade away from her own she saw the movement almost too late. The vice captain's leg came up and in tha last possible moment, Hanako managed to free a hand from her sword and bring it down to to block the kick. It impacted painfully and she instantly felt that, while nothing was broken, it would leave her arm bruised and sore.

Suddenly there was Magnolia's hand, grabbing her kosode. Hanako tried to react fast, interlocking her swordarm and sword with Magnolia's in a way that would block her elbow and bring Hanako's blade in a position right under Magnolia's arm. The plan was sound but it wasn't Magnolia's intention to hold Hanako, or pull her closer or push her away. Hanako realised it when she felt the ground under her feet disappear. There hadn't been enough time to lock up Magnolia's shoulder, so she was still able to throw her young training partner.

Hana thought a curse and used the relatively tight grip she had for a short moment on Magnolia's arm to stabilize her trajectory and land on her feet.

When she landed a few meters away she didn't waste any time and sprang forward again as soon as both her feet touched the ground.
Hanako realised that she was at a disadvantage. Not only because Magnolia was without a doubt lightyears ahead in strength, skill and experience, but also because she was fighting with two blades. She could parry with one and attack with the other. So Hanako's plan was to charge straight and wait for Magnolia to attack. If she'd attack with one blade, Hanako would sidestep out of the way, bit to Magnolia's 'outside', meaning the side with which she had attacked, to also move outside of the other blades range. At the same time she'd raise her sword and execute a two-handed slash, aiming to graze Magnolia's shoulder.

Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 21, 2020 9:53 pm

Magnolia Everfrost

The moment that hanako had managed to right herself, landing lightly upon the ground, she would hear the faintest chirp of electricity. That would be all the warning she got before Magnolia’s body vanished in a cascade of lightning, appearing in front of her with jarring abruptness. Magnolia’s body stepped in viciously, her body spinning off her forward facing foot to bring her right arm scything around with her second scimitar. At the same time, Hanako’s sword would have come down directly upon Magnolia’s first scimitar, the flash of sparks blossoming from the collision of their blades faintly illuminating the surface of Magnolia’s hat for a moment.

Unlike many of the other blows that would have merely bruised, this one if it landed would leave a shallow cut across the middle of hanako’s chest. While it wasn’t anything more than a paper-cut, it would be enough that blood would flow freely from it.

” Being afraid is fine. “

Magnolia’s words were accompanied by her body stepping in further, driving her elbow into hanako’s solar plexus with jarring force. Enough to sweep her off her feet and send her skidding backwards.

”I am afraid of many things admittedly.”

A rueful chuckle escaped her lips as she accelerated forward once again, bringing her sword diagonally across the space in front of her with enough force that it disrupted the air itself. This blow would be slow enough to intercept like the others, however, the force behind it would be enough that it would be similar to a small ant standing up to a rockslide. If hanako had managed to intercept it, the blow would have launched her into the air, after which Magnolia would have appeared above her, her foot jerking downwards in an axe kick to hopefully send her back down towards the ground.

”However, you must learn to live with it. That is how you become strong.”

The words left her lips as she dropped back down to the ground.

”Now, I want you to come at me with the intent to kill. I don’t want you to hold anything back. I promise you wont hurt me. “

With those words said, Magnolia’s swords shifted into an engarde stance.

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 22, 2020 1:16 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Lightning, a flash and suddenly Magnolia was standing right before her. One of her blades blocked Hanako’s strike and sparks flew. At the same time what Hana had feared came to pass: Because Magnolia was suddenly too close, Hana couldn’t move out of her center. And this caused Hanako to be wide open when her blade connected with Magnolia’s. All she could do was try to step backwards. Still, she felt the steel on her skin, scratching her. It was only a shallow wound, but she felt the pain sharp and hot, right there between her breasts. Just a moment later a new pain exploded when Magnolia’s elbow landed right in the middle of her chest and drove her back and off her feet. The lieutenant knew, where to hit and it took some effort for Hanako to draw her next breath.

Magnolia admitted, that she herself was afraid of many things. The effect of her words, though, was somewhat diminished by her attacking without any sign of fear. The blow was heavy, with a lot more force than the last. Hanako rolled to her side, launched herself up into the air and a few meters out of the scimitar’s range. Still, she could feel the blow.

When Hanako came to her feet again she had her sword in both hands, before her center ready for the next blow. But that didn’t came. At least not instantly. Instead Magnolia ordered her to attack. Attack to kill.
For a long moment Hanako was standing there, her clothes ripped open, skin showing almost down to her belly, and some of her breasts, while blood was dripping from the cut right in the center. She ignored it and the pain that came from it.

Magnolia’s order was confusing to Hanako.

“How can I really attack with the intend to kill when deep down I know I don’t want to kill you and I also know that I could never hurt you really? Isn’t it all just pretending, then?”

Hanako slightly widened her stance and brought just a little bit more weight over her forward foot. She smiled a faint smile.

“Anyway, the way you put it I can strike with full strength, even if I just pretend."

Hanako tried to concentrate and gather what strength she had and her skin emitted a faint glow for a short moment. Then she started running. Shortly before she came into reach she flash stepped to Magnolia's side. She doubted that she had been fast enough to really vanish from the lieutenant's sight, but she had to do it. Attacking full frontal would have been just plain stupid.

When she reappeared on Magnolia's left side her sword was already above her head, held with both hands.

Magnolia said Hanako wouldn't be able to hurt her. Fine, she'd put it to the test.She mustered all her strength, and pulled the sword down, all her weight and power behind it, fully aiming at Magnolia's neck, a cry on her lips.

Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:24 pm

Magnolia Everfrost

”Pretend huh?”

The notion of make-believe was amusing to Magnolia, not that she’d admit it. She stood her ground when hanako launched forward. Her golden eyes took in every last movement from beneath her hat. Hanako was like an arrow loosed from a bow, running headlong toward her enemy until she wasnt.

”Flashstep? “

The thought briefly crossed Magnolia’s mind before she noticed the faint flash of movement on her left. Hanako had done well to not attack straight on, it was commendable. Magnolia couldn’t help the devilish smile that blossomed upon her lips as she heard the cry that burst forth from Hanako’s lips. It was a war cry if there ever was one. There was such enthusiasm and emotion behind it.

’Still… I haven’t pushed her quite enough have i?’ The thought passed through Magnolia’s mind as her own fighting spirit couldn’t help but leak out. That wild warriors spirit of hers could be felt akin to the crackle of electricity across one's skin.

’Clang!’ The sound of blade on blade resounded as sparks blossomed forth from the colliding edges of hardened metal. Magnolia’s eyes briefly glanced at Hanako before she leveraged her strength to fling hanako and her blade backwards by brute forcing her sword-swing. The force behind it would be enough to launch hanako backwards like a cannon ball into a wall. Of course she could maneuver to avoid it, but none the less after that single action a devilish little giggle escaped Magnolia’s lips all the same.

”Is it my turn?”

Her voice dripped with bemusement as bloodlust leaked out of each syllable uttered from her mouth. Her right scimitar was leveled to point at hanako, while faint blue strands of reishi began to billow across the surface of her skin, tiny arcs of electricity jumping from her skin to the ground, causing the faintest scent of ozone to charr the air. Pure oppression exuded from every fibre of magnolia’s being as she let the full extent of her will and intent cascade into the world around her. While of course this wasn’t accompanied with the usual crushing weight of her reiatsu which was still being monitored, it would still be something frightening to deal with.

The smile on her lips was no longer a thing of beauty. It was the grin of a beast, one that was intent on ravaging the world. Now, of course she’d never harm her newest squadmember, but.. She had to push her a little bit right?

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:13 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako's expectations had been just on point. A flash step on her level wasn't even remotely enough to fool Magnolia. She felt the impact in her whole body when the lieutenant parried. Sparks flew and for the fraction of a second the eyes of the two women met. Then mAgnolia forced Hanako and her sword back with a swing of brutal strength. She was launched back and Magnolia could see the surprise on her face. For a moment, Hanako had no control of her 'flight attitude' and her sword was almost jerked out of her hand. Only in the last possible moment she managed to turn in a way that her back hit the walk, not her head.

Hanako hit a wall, in the most literal way possible. It forced the air out of her lungs. For a brief moment her vision went black, but it was only the moment of the impact. Dust flowed up like a veil between the two women, shielding them from each others eyesight, at least for a few seconds. Hanako sank on one knee. That had been brutal. Her body ached, but she hadn't been unconscious. When she looked over her shoulder, a fierce sense of satisfaction drove away some of the pain: a small crater had formed in the wall, where Hanako had impacted. So, at least she was sturdier than a bunch of bricks, that had to be worth something.

When the dust had settled after a few seconds and Hanako looked at Magnolia again, she looked at the tip of her right scimitar. Small lightings crept over Magnolias body and she very much reminded Hanako of a tiger, deciding to play a little more with it's prey before dinner time. It wasn't even so much her spiritual pressure, she still kept that in check, or Hana wouldn't even be able to kneel. But this woman there was dangerous. Lethally dangerous. It was frightening. Yes, Hanako felt it in her gut.

'No, no, that can't be it…' she thought. But she felt how it grasped her heart with an ice cold hand and squeezed. She had not a chance in hell to win this. If Magnolia wanted she could snuff Hana out in a heartbeat and both of them knew it.

Only a moment after fear reared it's ugly head in Hanako's mind, selfloathing and defiance made an entrance. Was that all? She attacked with all she got and ended up in a wall. Pathetic.

No, no, nononono! Not now! This wasn't right! She wouldn't give up because of a little bit of pain! She knew that she was so far outclassed as it could ever be, and yet she willingly got into this fight. Don't back down, or she would hate herself for it.

The emotional storm didn't last longer than half a heartbeat, but when it was over, or at least subsided, a new resolve sparkled in her eyes. She had changed so much in such a short time and she was willing to change further, even if she wouldn't recognize herself some day. Even if it meant pain and tears. One of these changes was that had found a new love for the thrill of fighting. She felt so alive when she had her sword in hand. It grew inside her still, but Hanako knew already that it was right.

She bowed her head, eyes on the ground, as if she forfeited or waited for Magnolia's turn, but she was only gathering her strength. Without warning she launched herself towards Magnolia's scimitar, sword raised, as if she had lost it and threw herself right into the blade of her lieutenant. Shortly before she reached Magnolia she flash-stepped again, as if she wanted to repeat the same attack pattern as before. Only this time she didn't. This time she really launched herself straight at Magnolia...or almost.

Her flashstep would carry her the short distance right next to Magnolia's arm, on her outside, where she'd use her raised sword's flat side to push the scimitar to the side with a short smack and then attack in the same motion.

Shizuo
Shizuo
Gremlin

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:08 pm

Magnolia Everfrost

Sometimes the perfect story was not one of the hero. It wasn’t the one of the savior. It wasn’t the one of the martyr. No, sometimes it was the story of the weak. Right here and now, as Magnolia’s eyes took in the tattered and broken courtyard before her, focusing on the young woman that was housed within it, intrigue and respect was roused from within her. The fear was apparent within the woman's eyes, such was a natural reaction when faced with a force that one had no chance of overcoming. Even then though, with such a mighty presence before her, Hanako did not bow. This was what separated the wheat from the chaff, the sheep from the wolves, this one irreplaceable quality.

”Magpie, are you going to become the wall?” The tenor tone of Raijin rumbled like an avalanche, cascading within her mindscape. Within this voice was a plethora of unspoken emotions, questions, and desires. The fact that Raijin was willing to ask her such a question was confirmation enough that her zanpakuto approved of the young shinigami that stood before his queen. It was that question that tipped the delicate thought process that lay within Magnolia. In the mayhem, Hanako might miss the faint smile that adorned her face. It was soft, and easily missed, but behind it lay the answer to Raijin’s question.

”Yes, I will etch within her a power so profound that it could never possibly be forgotten.” Magnolia responded to her zanpakuto spirit as in the seireitei, Hanako had already flash-stepped forward after her feint. Magnolia’s golden eyes stared forth into hanako’s from beneath her hat as her sword sought to displace Magnolia’s right facing scimitar. While Magnolia could have resisted, she allowed her scimitar to shift from it’s engarde position. However, before hanako’s sword could fully swing, Magnolia’s other arm jerked sideways, the flat of her scimitar smashing abruptly against the side of Hanako’s face as her whole body dropped down. While Hanako did not mar her flesh, she would manage to shear the top off of the hat that had obscured Magnolia’s face this entire time. Meanwhile, the smack to hanako’s face wouldn’t be strong enough to break any bones, but it’d have enough force to launch her sideways a few feet.

”Well well”

Magnolia’s voice was full of mirth as suddenly her spiritual pressure burst forth like a dam bursting. For a moment it would smash down upon Hanako with despairing force. After all, despite Magnolia being a vice captain, she was among the strongest to ever walk the soul societies halls. Far greater than the captains of old, her spiritual pressure would continue to rise until it was a yawning abyss. Visibly, it’d manifest as a pure azure blue seeping from her flesh, lightning arcing across every facet of her skin. Eventually though, it’d rise so far that Hanako would simply cease to be able to sense it, Only after that would Magnolia retract it, sheathing her scimitars back on her hips.

”I will take this as you having found your resolve.”

Magnolia’s golden hair spilled out behind her in luscious, thick, curvy locks, as she studied the woman before her. Slowly straightening up from her crouch.

”What have you learned from this hanako?”

She asked, curious to see what answer this shinigami had found.

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:00 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

She didn't even see, if her strike connected with Magnolia, when the flat side of the other scimitar hit her in the face. Pain, bright, hot and plenty exploded in Hanako's face and head. It numbed everything else, blacked out the world surrounding her and send her to the brink of unconsciousness. Time lost it's meaning. It was what felt like an eternity before she was able to make sense again of the signals her eyes sent. To her surprise she was lying on her back, several meters away from Magnolia. She tried to process it but the only question that came through the mist was 'how could I hold on to my sword?'. It was still in her right hand.

Then the weight of a mountain, no a whole mountain range, pressed down on her. Something so strong, so heavy, she wasn't able to grasp what it was. Her cosnciousness began to fade out and the last thing she saw was a magnificent azure aura, then there was…

Tatami.

Tatami? Why the hell was she lying on Tatami? And face down? It was a very strange sensation. Everything, even the smell, felt like...like what? Familiar. Home. She tried to look up. She only saw a shadow fall on her and then…

Sky. She was lying on her back again, looking up. In the corner of her eye she could see one of walls surrounding the courtyard. Then it came to her. The training with Magnolia, yes! That was it.

Hanako rolled over and brought herself up to hands and knees. Her head did hurt. Oh, yeah, the hit with the flat side of Magnolia's scimitar. And then that crushing weight. It must have been the spiritual pressure of the lieutenant. Must have knocked her out for a moment.
She tasted blood in her mouth and felt around with her tongue. She had bitten her cheek and her lip was split open.

A bit shaky she came back to her feet.

"What...what I have learned?" She repeated.

"I..ah...that I am still worlds from where I want to go. From what I want to become. But I also have learned that I enjoy the fighting. Not like bloodlust, but on a more...technical level."

She looked down at her sword, which was still in her hand. If Magnolia watched carefully she could see the caring gaze Hanako gave the blade, assessing the damage it had taken from the fight and thinking about how she would take care of it later. It was just a moment before she sheathed it again.

Then another memory came to her and surprise as well as confusion showed on her face.

"There was something. I saw something. Just a moment...strangely familiar. I saw…"

She stopped, hesitated for a moment, then looked at Magnolia. For the first time she consciously saw her beautiful hair.

"I saw...tatami."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum