Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
One Lump or Two  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0One Lump or Two  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

One Lump or Two  - Page 3 Empty Re: One Lump or Two

Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:38 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

One Lump or Two  - Page 3 6EdIfMt

Hanako casually swiped a rogue strand of hair out of her face, while she looked at Jaeden.

“Well, this attempt didn’t go so well, but I think I will get there with a little bit of training. So...I’d really like to learn the next two techniques as well.”

It was true that the first attempt didn’t go well and that Hanako used up a lot of time and energy to just get her stabbing technique right. But, when she finally tried to release the energy in a similar fashion to Jaeden’s version of Shigure Shinrin Ryu, she had seen and felt that it was possible, even with her levels of energy control. It would require a lot of practice, but there it was: a basis.

While Jaeden concentrated on Yoriko Hanako returned to practicing her first technique. She was fairly certain that her stabbing was on a good way, but the part with the energy wasn’t. The goal was to release it from the very tip of the blade, in the moment she stabbed her opponent. To be effective it needed to be controlled, concentrated. A precise projectile like an arrow, not like a stick of dynamite like her first try.

When she heard Yoriko’s voice she stopped her practice and looked at the other woman. She smiled her usual crooked, shy smile.

“I’m fine, thanks for asking. And you? You’re okay?”

She shot a quick glance at the dummy that showed quite some signs of her stabbing-practice.

“Actually, yeah, I think it does help. This technique alone is really helpful. I mean, he showed me more or less the basics and left me to develop my own version of it. At first I had my doubts about this method, but now...I think it makes sense. I can make it my own technique from the very beginning. And, to be honest, I wouldn’t have thought of channeling energy through my blade before. So this really does help me quite a bit.”

She looked at Yoriko. The exercise that Jaeden hat came up with for her did look more than a bit taxing.

“What do you think?”

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Anonymous

Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:18 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

Artist: n/a - Song: n/a

He nodded as he looked at Yoriko rubbing his chin. He had a solution to her problem, it would take time to polish. He gave a nod to Hanako, the two forms next were things she could practice with time. But first, it was time to get Yoriko somewhere.

"This is what I think would help, your power over the earth can be used on a concert like I said. " He walked to a second dummy, swinging his fist and stopping for a moment. "As you swing your fist try to have small bits of the earth attack them. Pebbles, whatever you think you can manage. "

He'd wait a moment now as he walked in between the two dummies the best place to monitor them both. Yoriko was free of the previous training to try refining her art he suggested. It was up to her however she chose to go with it.

"Form 2 is Defensive and Form 3 is Ranged, once again don't feel obligated to do it how I do it. Whatever feels natural to you is the best choice. "

He said before bringing his sword in front of him, performing the second form. appeared straight forward, but quickly reiatsu began pooling in front of him. Around his body and defending him like a wall in front of him.

"That's Form 2, it can be done while moving but it's mostly for a situation where you may not be able to completely block or avoid something. For example a Kido spell, I can help you with Hadō One or a Bala..to refine it more. As for the third form."

Concise instructions were an important part of this as he brought his sword down. Lowering it to have the edge at his knee in length. A small orangish glow formed of a cero around his sword. He could release it now with a single slash of his blade. Making a small cut upwards he sent it into the clouds.

"The third form is a ranged offensive move, it allows for a person to match an energy blow or fight tactically at a distance. Practice them in whatever order feels comfortable and change them to fit your narrative. Be it Swordsmanship, Hand to hand, or even the Flash Step. We all are different and have sizes and preferences so it's best to sync to them."

His eyes looked towards Yoriko again having shown both forms for Hanako, demonstrating a style. Three forms would be enough he imagined. Twelve forms total he didn't mention the last two had two different moves in them. This information would only serve to overload them.

The goal was complete now for Hanako, she'd seen them only Yoriko remained. Would she go with that idea or maybe another type of defense was in order. Something that acted automatically in her interest.

He'd need time to see her grow and how she developed from it all. That would be the main sticking point. For now, she showed a desire to remain at a distance. So he'd teach around that best as he could.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
MWD
MWD
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
One Lump or Two  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue115400/99999One Lump or Two  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (115400/99999)
Tiers:

Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:14 am

The Wandering Genin

Yoriko Morri

One Lump or Two  - Page 3 JCRrxmK

Watching him walk towards two training dummies, and demonstrating the second form. Reiatsu began to form around his body like an aura but he wasn't moving at all, once shown he explained how it worked. The second form he demonstrated showed curiosity and excitement from the shinigami, she has been in situations where she wasn't able to block. The kido spell Jaeden did earlier while being too focused on his clones was one.

"Hmm. That form might be more efficient for someone like me..besides all these ranged abilities and close quarters will be my biggest concern. Question is..how fast can i react to do it.

She watched as Jaden's sword began to glow orange, almost condensing it before looking upward seeing the cut cut then move towards the clouds..hopefully nobody would call a captain about this.

Least hand to hand and flash step was an option, it was a weird option but even the best fighters will have to do hand-to-hand combat eventually. Far as flash step though, she has gotten better but not enough.

"Jaeden, I normally use my earth more. And based on what you saw earlier my strength, would the same apply to that as well?"

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
One Lump or Two  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0One Lump or Two  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:40 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Oh boy, this would prove to be more of a challenge than she had thought only a few minutes ago.
The stab, augmented by a release of energy from the tip of her blade, was not really mastered by her, but she had grasped the concept. However, it showed the one big problem, Hanako had: her control over her energy.
Not that she lacked any control whatsoever, no. She was able to raise or lower her output, she could form energy balls and perform kido, albeit mostly lower ranks. What she was lacking was refinement. It wasn't simply something she was extraordinarily talented in, which she had to accept was a normal thing. Even back at the academy she had to realise that a lot of students were much better at, for example, kido than she was. On the other hand she had outmatched a lot at physical combat. With time, Hanako managed to overcome her frustration about not excelling at everything and rather turned her attention to what she actually was good at. And it seemed a good tactic, for a time. Only that now it bit her in the rear end.

Hanako watched carefully as Jaeden explained the next two forms. She instantly decided to try the third first. It was in a way similar to the first form: channel reiatsu into the blade of the sword and release it. From the looks of it, this form was both easier and harder than the first. Easier, because it was no longer necessary to concentrate the energy only to the tip. Harder, because this time, the reiatsu needed to stay focused long enough, to form a projectile.

Again, Hanako started with concentrating until her reiatsu formed a visible, icy-blue aura around her body. Then she extended the aura also around her sword. Then she formed the aura only around the sword. Finally, she condensed it enough that only the blade was surrounded by the blue energy.
All in all, these four steps took her again a very long time. When she was finally satisfied, she was breathing heavy, sweating, and her hands shook ever so slightly. The additional weight on the blade wasn’t helping either.

Finally then, after what seemed hours -it might as well have been. As was usual with her in intense training-sessions, she lost track of time and her surroundings- Hanako tried to release that energy in an attack for the first time.

She took a stance, back turned to her two fellow-shinigami, for saftey reasons. As Jaeden had done in his demonstration, Hanako held the sword in the lower position on her right side, to perform an upward slash, which would hopefully direct the energy into the sky.
In her mind she visualised her reiatsu flowing through her body: it started in her feet, flowed through her legs and her body, swirled around her heart, and then raced into her arms, made her palms tingly, and wandered through the hilt into the blade. A gentle breeze seemed to move her Shihakusho and then her blade glowed in that bright blue, as a thin coat of reiatsu formed around it.

With a quick movement and a step forward, she pulled her blade upward, slashed the air before her. In the same moment she ‘flung’ the reiatsu outward, like water on the sword, she wanted to get rid of. And much in a similar fashion, the reiatsu didn’t form a coherent projectile, but a wave of energy, that followed her slash and travelled only a few meters, before it dispersed.

Hanako was somewhat disappointed in herself, when she lowered the sword. Again, she didn’t do it right. However, after a few seconds, some of that disappointment was alleviated: She could see that on the ground before her feet there was a clearly visible scratch. She squatted on her heels, to take a closer look. Yes, indeed, it was a scratch in the ground. No gash or something dramatic. But it was perfectly in line with her movements and it hadn’t been there before. It was just slightly warm.
So, no ranged attack yet, more a extension of her blade. But it had a lot more effect than her first try of the stab, which had released the reiatsu in a visually impressive, but harmless, puff of light and dust.

For a few moments, Hanako took a break to think about these techniques, all while she went to the side of the area to have a cup of water. Yes, maybe it was a bit harder for her to control these techniques. But they had so much potential. the stabbing technique, for example, enhanced the tip of her blade far beyond what her normal strength would do. It concentrated spiritual pressure to maybe even penetrate hard armor or slightly stronger pressures. It was definitely worth the effort.

When she returned, she approached Jaeden.

“Excuse me, Jaeden.” she said. Meanwhile, her breathing had returned to normal.
“Could you give me a tip on how to concentrate my reiatsu in front of me to form that shield? Concentrating it on the tip or the edge of my blade is hard enough for me, as it is. But there I concentrate it in something that is connected to me. I have a physical channel through which it can flow and I can visualise it because I feel it. But how can I solidify my reiatsu in thin air? Solidify enough to act as a shield, that is.” She added, because manifesting her reiatsu in the form of an aura around her was something almost every Shinigami could do.

Anonymous

Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:48 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

Earth and strength were the answer for her and fighting melee? He closed his eyes for a moment considering the situation. After having shown Hanako the forms for her to meld and change. But this problem was one that did require more hands-on touch. Yoriko was his student and did deserve an answer. He needed to know something before he answered her question entirely.

"There are many different fighting forms and styles people use. I prefer an open and faster method of fighting. Due to my speed and powers, I refined my sword skills. So there are styles that focus more on raw power. Which could be used with your earth-based skills. "

He paused for a moment thinking carefully about how she fought. Should he be trying to change her style, she liked the ranged and high movement. But was also devoted to a well-rounded skill set.

"How fast can you manipulate earth Yoriko? Can you form a defense in order to stop an attack, or control its solidity?"

He wanted to know more about her powers before making a suggestion. Yoriko's skills were sharp and well taught by her other teachers. But somethings required further examination. They required a fine-tooth comb through in order to probe and develop them.

"For example, if I shoot a cero at you, can you raise a wall to defend against it? Or can you make smaller earth move in the form of bullets and increase the speed of them? Your power is very versatile, so there are as many ways to develop as there are clouds in the sky Yoriko."

His gaze shifted over to Hanako having answered Yoriko's question and given a pose of his own to her. She needed to get her wheels turning, to find out what method she desired. He could lay the foundation, but the rest was up to Yoriko. Hanako came with a question about the second form.

This one required control so he had a suggestion for helping to begin. He'd struggled with it himself if not for his genetics and how he was taught. So he would give her the instruction he got so many years ago.

"There isn't an easy way to do it, but a mental image does help. For me, I imagine myself as a cup filling with water. When my Reiatsu isn't active the cup is empty when I activate it. It begins to fill, I imagine that the cup tilts towards the front of my cup. Creating defense around the front of my frame as it washes over me."

He became silent for a moment as he glanced towards the clouds. It wasn't an easy road for them to become stronger. It never was easy for them to get that place going. But when the ball began rolling and they had some method. They would be the next generation of Captains and leaders.

"But, for you, it might be different. Could be sand in an hourglass slowly filling the front side instead of the backside. We are different in our use of the blade, but that is fine. We each have a way we learn better. Making everything the same dilutes things.

If nothing else, it's our differences that make us special and powerful. Yoriko has her earth, you have something special to you as well. I have gravity manipulation and power over time to an extent. A teacher learns from his students as much as they do from him. Always see the picture unfold before you. You don't have to rush into any choices regarding training or growth.

We've entered into a time of peace, so find a way that makes you feel comfortable with your skin. That feels like a piece of clothing easily removed or put on. That's the key to training, and finding something.

Sorry, I went on a bit of a tangent there, don't know that it answered either of your questions well."

With a lecture combined with training, he was becoming the old man in this sense. Repeating what his teacher told him with small changes in his words. He didn't know if they got his meaning about the importance of training. Not as just a means to get stronger, but to find your way towards something.

Something that is entirely you, an expression of yourself put into martial form.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
MWD
MWD
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
One Lump or Two  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue115400/99999One Lump or Two  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (115400/99999)
Tiers:

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:42 am

The Wandering Genin

Yoriko Morri

"If i have the reaction time to do so its pretty average in terms of speed. And solidity..i can do it for a brief moment. But it crumbles after just a few seconds." She responded to his question, it wasn't an exaggeration either. It was the main issue in her abilities she's good with defense but offensively it needed fine-tuning.

"I can raise a wall for defense, but like I said reaction time is key. Your cero is a good example, I know it takes awhile to charge so I have time to prepare before it hits.

She gazed at Jaeden as he went to Hanako, probably giving her the same advice she recieved. It wasn't her business after all people have various skills to refine and both of theirs were completely different.

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:02 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

For a moment, Hanako thought about the mental image. She had used that before, for the first and third form. Or better: tried to use it.
What Jaeden had said was not the answer she had hoped for. However, it had left her with an idea. What he had said about specialities, about skin...all that had formed into a picture. It wasn't a comforting picture. Actually it was something she would very much like to push away from her. But maybe that was what she needed. In addition she just remembered that a few times she had tried to use her spiritual pressure to soften an attack, shortly before it landed. Like a boxer tensing up his muscles before a swing crushed into his body.

The picture was her self-image she still struggled to banish from her consciousness. A feeling that she still felt, especially at night, when she was alone. This hollow feeling inside, the emptiness of a life that wasn't one. Emptiness inside and on the outside, what everyone saw, a shell. A hardened shell, so it wouldn't break.

Hanako already had her eyes closed again. This image came so easy, so natural. She hated it. It didn't feel good, it felt weak. Harden that shell, make it impenetrable. Let the energy flow from your center to the outside.
Hanako's body began to glow faintly. Then, with an almost violent burst, her icy-blue energy seemed to pop outwards, like a glowing bubble that had formed inside her chest, forming a bright, translucent second skin, just a fingers width from her real skin. It stayed only a moment and then disappeared. It was a success. It wasn't a sustained shield, but for a moment there Hanako was surrounded by a hardened energy shell that would probably be able to at least soften some hits.

However, when she opened her eyes again, her expression wasn't joyous, but rather as if she had bitten on a lemon. She didn't say a word but went to the sidelines to have a sip of water.

Anonymous

Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:10 pm

FILLER TEXT HERE

Yoriko required special help, her powers needed more fine-tuning, Hanako had taken to the Shigue Shirin Ryu like a fish. So she was doing well, he clapped his hands together. To get their collective attention as he decided now was the time to focus on something just as important. The mind which helped the body function, this was for Yoriko and for Hanako both. He walked over sitting down on one of the Combat Division's wooden floors.

"So let's have a chat about the training now, it's best to get a read of your progress. And help you single out a goal."

He said softly as he poured some water into cups made of clay. They needed to have a direction or something they focused on. The training would be meaningless otherwise. One had to have an image in their minds. Something that lets them focus on it towards a goal. That united front helped them not only dig deep but find the purpose.

"What is it you seek at the end of your first road? When you train, I always advise having something. Something you desire to find out or accomplish as a goal. Don't do so without a reason in mind, without something your chasing. Protecting people is good, for a goal. But..well."

He poured water into a saucer and smiled faintly as he'd remembered this conversation. His mentor had it with him a long time ago. It seemed like so long ago on the outskirts of the Rukongai. Where his family made their dwelling.

He gently brought a hand to the saucer, it was big enough to fit his hand inside of it. This lecture his mentor gave him, took forever for it to sink in. So while he did want this to sink in. They both had to understand the burden of power.

"Power in of itself is a burden, not always a boon. So when we train, we have a clear picture of what we wish to obtain. Obtaining power for the sake of obtaining it..well take this saucer is your power and bodies."

Gently he submerged his palm causing water to spill out and get the surrounding areas wet, causing a mess around the cup.

"When we exert power without having a reason, without consideration of the area. We cause destruction, causing people to get drawn in. Some can weather our conflicts, some..can't." He said the last bit with people in mind. Several coming to his mind when it came down to it.

His eyes blinking a couple of times before he wiped his hand clean. Now there were ways to go about this better. But slowly tapped the surface of the water continues. Only letting an index finger offer the slightest prodding.

"It's when we have a goal, that our ripples of power benefit those around us. That we can lift up those and create a positive air. We can use our powers towards our goals and ambitions. This is the perfect state we should aim for, but..it's harder than you'd think. "

He said mindfully, as he brought his hand over the saucer now. As he decided to show them as his mentor did. The consequences of those who lost their way and became not only a burden. But a hazard for those around them even further.

"We reach the end of the lecture, those who've lost the way. Lost their goal and meaning, who've thrown out everything important. They.."

His pause came as a powerful amount of Reitasu enveloped his hand causing the water and saucer to crack and go upwards towards it. Destruction was what waited at the end of that road. For the one who lost the way, who forgot who they were.

"Self-destruct, destroying themselves and relationships that were important. They cast aside the growth and reason. For no purpose, but..there is salvation in this yet. You can yet mend and yet save someone who lost their way..but it won't be easy."

Slowly the pieces and water reformed in the saucer, connecting together and finishing his long and likely boring lecture. He'd most certainly become his mentor, in the end, spouting things they likely didn't care about. He smiled drinking a bit of water in one cup he'd poured for himself. He'd prepared cups for them as well respectfully as their host.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
MWD
MWD
Seasoned Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:41 am

The Wandering Genin

Yoriko Morri

Yoriko followed Jaden as he sat on the wooden floors, assuming that Hanako would follow suite curious as to what will happen next. Sitting down he explained about the progress they were both at.

Watching as he poured some water into cups of clay, strange but she brushed it off, after all everyone has their own way of explanations. She briefly looked at Hanako, wondering how she interpreted this before looking back at Jaden.

He did have a good point, helping others was a staple of any hero but whilst its a good effort most characters have a better reason. A sort of philosophy of why they do it, listening closer to the example of power her face turned to worry. The girl ultimately wanted to gain strength to protect others..but is that really the extent of her goals? Even if she achieve the goal what will she do now? Just sit around and do nothing for her entire life?

Everyone she's seen is stronger she won't deny that, but at least they have reasonings after the fact. Like Jaden said, powers and ambitions are the true building blocks.

She watched as the saucer break into pieces, the energy that he exerted was probably not a lot though. But they reforged together as if nothing happened, the lecture was very for the girl.
Something she'd not thought of, sent into back-burner as one might say.

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:20 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

When Jaeden called Yoriko and Hanako to him, the latter had already decided that she probably wouldn’t use this second form of the Shigue Shirin Ryu. She had found a way, a surprisingly easy way, to form her energies into a shield. But it was connected with everything she hated about her life, with everything she trained so hard to overcome. If she’d have to embrace and nourish her inner void and the shell-self-perception to use the shield, then she’d rather get cut.

She followed the other two just a moment later and sat on her knees and feet next to them on the wooden floor. When Jaeden began his demonstration with the saucers, Hanako felt Yoriko’s gaze on her and returned it. She, too, was wondering, what their sensei was getting at.
A few moments later it became clear. It was something others had told her before. In other words, but the idea had been the same. Power without purpose isn’t worth anything. On the contrary, it is dangerous. It was in fact something Hanako had spent considerable thought on.

Hanako had found a purpose. It was not a grand quest, something the fate of the world hinged upon. It was simple, the wish to be able to pull her weight when it came to her job as a Shinigami. She had met many people in a short time that had helped her and that had made a lasting impression. Some of them were now even role models for Hanako. Also her narrow perception of the world and herself had broadened. At first she indeed seeked power for the sake of power. To become powerful enough that she herself would make an impression that wouldn’t be forgotten, a proof that she had been alive. During that time she liked to think of herself as being hard enough to not bend to anything. It had come different and in the end she had realised that hard meant brittle and in order to grow, she would have to soften up, metaphorically speaking. So she had left her hole, step by step, reached out and raised her gaze. She saw a bigger picture, a picture that she was a part of. And there she had found a purpose. Defend the Shinigami, the Seireitei, Soul Society and the Balance. There she really could make a difference, do her part. That was what she wanted to do, what felt right.
As a nice side effect Hanako had realised that she now felt more at home in the Seireitei, felt that she belonged here.

She looked again at Yoriko, then at Jaeden.

“I understand...at least I think that I do.” Hanako said slowly.
“I heard different words but with a similar meaning when I was indeed longing for power for power’s sake. But that is different now. I am different now. I think I will be okay. Well...I hope so.”

She bowed deep until her forehead touched the wood, to demonstrate the respect that was due to Jaeden.
“Thank you.”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum