Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

Hakuda in High Def  - Page 3 Empty Re: Hakuda in High Def

Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:19 pm

Hakuda in High Def  - Page 3 6EdIfMt

THE INVISIBLE CRACKS

Artist: Tokyo Ghoul - Song: Glassy Sky

His eyes followed as he examined her foundation. Her form was excellent. It made him consider what he looked like in comparison. Perhaps silly to think such as he was still gaining understanding. His basics were what mattered, using techniques and adjusting his body to them. He stood in silent consideration; she was right; he'd been overly relying on his power. Well, all but one of them, Koyo, didn't use it due to several reasons. He looked down at his hand. Could he be a Hakuda user of any note? He felt comfort in his Zanpakuto and in other skills. Koyo kept his power under wraps and didn't create large displays of it.

"I see, my foundation is lacking. I should ceasing using the powers of my Zanpakuto until I properly tune my body to fighting physically?" He tilted his head with a hand on his chin at the moment. It was true; what use did imbuing his body have? It was like powering up a meek kitten without proper preparation. Stances and forms they used were these like holding a sword? Their hands were their blades along with their legs and feet.

"My understanding is lacking; the training I had gotten at home focused upon swordsmanship, Kido, and Hoho. " Koyo would be the first to tell someone something like this. Though it is evident to those looking at him where he lacked. Tessho had been the move he focused upon. He wasn't good at hand-to-hand fighting; Zanjutsu was more comfortable yet.

Was he a better user of Kido or something of that nature? There was that technique which he kept to himself. Mother would disapprove was his reasoning for it, despite Asashio's insistence that he continue using and practicing the power. Koyo breathed a bit, feeling sweat drip down his back and arms.

He understood what she was saying, perspective wise it did make sense. But how did he improve his foundation? It seemed like that would be difficult. He didn't specialize as she did in Hakuda or have a knack for it in his mind.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hakuda in High Def  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hakuda in High Def  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:45 pm

Hakuda in High Def  - Page 3 Ce443110

Furukawa Asami | Officer of the 5th

Asami measured the manner of her student's responses carefully, nodding her head as he came to his conclusions. He was correct, to an extent, but that should not detract from what had been demonstrated today nor did she want to squash his confidence. Everyone had their own lackings, she knew hers just as clearly as he acknowledged his own, but there was a sense of merit in working to improve that which you were not naturally talented at.

"And that is precisely why you are here. Not to show off your powers, as beautiful as they may be, but to train that which you have neglected before. This was not a compulsory undertaking, as I am sure that your abilities are already satisfactory enough to earn a fine placement in the Gotei, but you have still accepted my offer with an open mind and a desire to learn."

There was a grim sense of perseverance about the Fifth Officer as she moved to the next dummy and took a similar form as before. Forward-facing, with one leg tucked behind the other and ready to swing forwards as the attack began. She motioned to the next dummy along, indicating for Koyo to approach.

"This was not the easy path, but not everyone is suited for that. Now, mirror my form, we will do some striking drills. It does not matter how much force is behind your blow, only that you understand my posture and learn to naturally replicate it. That is how we build up a core."

The cycle would continue until she could see Koyo returning to this starting stance without even looking in her direction, at least then he would have committed it to memory.

The Red Lady | END POST
Anonymous

Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:44 pm

Hakuda in High Def  - Page 3 6EdIfMt

THE INVISIBLE CRACKS

Artist: Tokyo Ghoul - Song: Glassy Sky

Koyo listened and didn't say anything as thoughts began creeping. But he pushed them aside for the attempt to do something. The idea of something outside of what he'd been taught. It felt like a forbidden fruit he was tasting. The placement into the Gotei, he touched his Zanpakuto considering. He was one of few in history to know Shikai. So he'd earned himself a place among his peers who had various degrees of fame.

His frame moved towards the dummy, his eyes and body began the motion. Mirroring what he recalled seeing, her form was impressive. Add nothing to it; reflect as a mirror would. Become her shadow in this regard, and easier said than accomplished. Koyo would follow each rep and return to that form, the beginning posture. He prepared to strike once more, stopping as he felt something, a voice inside of him. He seemed frozen in moments, not moving an inch from his position.

Inside his mind, he could hear his mother's words. The years of conditioning had left an imprint of various lessons. It was slight and only for a moment, fear in Koyo's demeanor. Slight trembling around his fingers and legs. He swallowed and straightened himself out. Taking a moment after having done this movement several times over. His friends were they safe, had she done anything? Those thoughts began emerging to the front as sweat dripped down his body. He'd been sweating, so distinguishing the cold sweat from the rest would be difficult.

Fear was a feeling he was all too accustomed to. From the days of training as a boy to his mother's personal lessons on subjects. Her rules was he breaking any by doing this? Composure, he had to find that peace and presence3 once again. Asashio's soft hand on his shoulder comforted him, his Zanpakuto slowly hugging him. He felt the anxiety and the way he was breathing begin to relax slowly.

He went to a neutral posture, now breathing in, taking a slow, steady breath. He returned to performing the form as though nothing had happened.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hakuda in High Def  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hakuda in High Def  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:47 am

Hakuda in High Def  - Page 3 Ce443110

Furukawa Asami | Officer of the 5th

She watched him mirror her form and kept a keen eye on Koyo's motions during the whole drill, even when his body came to a prolonged stop. It was clear that he was working through more than simply copying the motions, a real effort was being exerted, and so she resolved to let him deal with it on his own time. The battle with oneself was a good time for reflection and not something that an outside presence could particularly manipulate.

This training process would continue in silence for some time, Asami infrequently pausing to point out a critique or offer subtle encouragement. She would continue until Koyo appeared respectably exhausted from the ordeal, before finally turning to face him. Her muscles had begun to ache somewhat from the continued exertion, but she did not show it as she made the effort to keep her composure perfectly collected.

"Good work. Endurance is one of the many pillars that will serve as your foundation, build that core strength up slowly and you shall be a formidable warrior one day."

Just as his Zanpakuto laid a spiritual hand upon his shoulder, Asami went to do the same physically.

"No soul mastered Hakuda after one lesson. You have an amazing power, and continuing to develop that in tandem with your body will only refine the end result. If you have any questions for me, then ask and I will endeavour to answer as best I can."

Straightening out her fascinator, which had slowly begun to slide down one side of her head, the Fifth Officer stood tall and imposing for a moment before a narrow smile slowly began to creep across her face.

The Red Lady | END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum